Rabbit by Patricia Williams

Synopsis:
The personal testimony and redemption of a young teenage mother turned popular comedian, actress and writer.

Writing Style: Straight-forward.

Pacing: FAST!!!

Personal Highlights: Admittedly this was one of the books I put aside a few years back. But it was never out of sight. No matter how many times I moved this book from shelf to shelf, it stayed within sight!

Welp, opened this book the other day, and read it in a day. I couldn't put it down!

The story is phenomenal, and not solely for its content, but its deep-rooted premise. Until this reading I hadn't heard of Miss Pat, or her popularity in comedy circles. Though her story is familiar...touching and hard on the heart, its the redemptive quality that sets it apart from many.

Parts of the story that stood out; Lamont's quote: "this is some multi-generational deep-ass shit..." Hood living really is a trap. I never understood folk, teachers namely, like Miss Thompson. But PRAISE Miss Troup with the kick-butt boots. Fork and knife tutorial given by hubby tickled me. In fact, the writing in and of itself is humorous, and as well very visual. Like the Jimmy Carter incident, yup, I could see it. The entire story, so well paced goes beyond a simple hard luck story. The career counselor nailed it: "the way you turn a sad story around..."

And yet, my favorite was Rabbit going to get her sister's girls, and begging Michael to stay. OH Man! I so loved that part!!! Overall, this memoir is one of few I wished lasted longer. Would've loved to read the highlights of her comedy career. I'm sure 'Rabbit" will be among my top ten favorites read this year. A Must to experience. Highly recommended. Read hardback 2017 edition.

Comments

Popular Posts