Bleachers by John Grisham


Finally! I finally read a Grisham novel!

Although not the greatest sports' fan, I nonetheless enjoyed this novel. In concise, dialogue heavy script I was pulled into Messina and the reminiscences of residents reliving the town’s (40-year) high-school football program, and the man who coached those players. Quickly the question became, who really was Coach Eddie Rake, and what had he done? It took a week to read, but I was hooked on what many of these players thought of their coach (how he'd helped and hurt them), along with what the townspeople thought of this coach…and the players as well. Definitely a visual story, and must insert, (spoiler alert) that was an impactful ending. I think I can now call myself a true Grisham fan! Highly recommended.

Comments

Popular Posts