Enough Already by Valerie Bertinelli

Synopsis: The journey of an actress and Food Network personality learning to be okay with herself.

Writing Style: Warm. Smooth. Cozy. Sterile

Pacing: Fast.

Personal Highlights: What makes Valerie's memoir so warm...and relatable...is how someone who appears so upbeat and happy, and seems to have so much going for her, she nevertheless deals with similar self-doubts and criticisms much of the adult population faces. Only she opens up about her insecurities in a way that is as comforting as therapeutic. 

My favorite parts was the way she embraced motherhood, and her son. I smiled big on her son's answer to the groupie question. Too sweet. The trip to Italy and learning some of what goes on behind the Food Network I enjoyed as well. The photos were a big bonus. I love rock & roll! I also didn't expect to find recipes enclosed, so this was another big treat. Mom's lasagna and the Sicilian chocolate love cake I'm going to try... because the pizza recipe I already tried! It turned out FABULOUS!!!

Overall, this is a beautiful testimony. Highly recommended.

Comments

Popular Posts