I Am These Truths by Sunny Hostin

Synopsis: The Personal Story (and perspectives) of an American Lawyer and Journalist.

Writing Style: Genuine. Humbling. Semi-Commercial. Warm. 

Pacing: Moderate.

Personal Highlights: I’m pretty sure this will be one of my favorite books read this year. AsunciĆ³n’s story, often living between cultures (i.e. family, language, community, career) read as contextually rich as diverse. On many levels... her general journalism perspective…priorities…gut instincts…motherhood… were easily relatable. I got her. I totally see her. This memoir has teeth, what slows the pacing (albeit in a good way). Definitely detailed, what made her chaotic start at CNN easy to picture, and added levity to Soledad’s ($50/paragraph) advice. Yeah, I really leaned in on that part. 

There is just so much to talk about. I laughed out loud about the “meeting Manny.” Oh, I so loved that part! It just seemed to be ‘so Sunny!’ And her journey to motherhood particularly stood out. Any woman experiencing infertility will definitely want to read her experience. Also, be prepared for a little suspense too; in that way where this one will be hard to put down. I couldn't wait to read what Sunny was going to share next, a very important...as well as magnetic... element to overall feel of this memoir. Being genuinely open to hear sound reasonings (opposite our own viewpoints) is not easy to openly admit and yet this was an observation that now has drawn me to check out The View (a program I've never watched). Again, there is just so much to this humbling memoir! I spent 3 days reading it and wasted not a minute. Highly recommended!

Comments

  1. She sounds fascinating. I'm about to read the first book in a series of novels she's writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Okay! Thanks Davida. Didn't know this. I might try 'Summer on the Bluffs!'

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts