why I'm like this by cynthia kaplan

https://amzn.to/2rgwFJ3
Synopsis: memoir of a writer, musing out loud

Writing Style: a collection of short stories, satire style

Pacing: Fast

Personal Highlights: The book is dated, published 2002, but a perfect blend of literature and memoir, and just awesome to curl up with. Read it in a day. Reminded me a lot of Sedaris’ writing; short stories and satire galore…sliding in them short and snappy sentences between lyrical thoughts built with the propensity of wrapping around several city blocks, or sashaying along for a country mile. Loved the writing! I really did. My favorite short, in terms of depth, meaning and humor was ‘Jack has a Thermos’. ‘The story of R’, ‘Gone Home’ and ‘Better Safer Warmer’ however, touched me to the core. ‘World Peace,’ liked that one a lot too. All around, highly recommended!

Comments

Popular Posts