Stir Up the Monkeys by Betty W. Bohlen



The Good. I read this book in all of one night.

The Mmeh Okay. Must admit, the title raised one of my brows, but not as wide as I had my mouth open laughing through these gem of stories! This very entertaining memoir should be made available to a wider audience.

The Best Part. I absolutely loved this little gem. I had many, many favorites. The opening was the first treat. I loved Betty’s perspective on getting to the age in life where she doesn’t have to think about “all the things I DON’T have to do anymore.” The Summer Wedding... payback time... the word about sports...and oh, I also cried laughing about the “Watch Out for Strangers” and oh my goodness... the article she wrote that she sort of questioned why editors didn’t publish it. Betty’s memoir reminded me of what a treat it is to be in the company of people who have seen nearly a century pass by. It is simply another must in life to experience.

Comments

Popular Posts