Troublemaker by Leah Remini

Synopsis: Personal experiences of a TV celebrity’s indoctrination into a secular faith

Writing Style: Passionate.

Pacing: FAST! Extremely fast!!!

Personal Highlights: Oh.My.Goodness!

I don’t know where I want to start, so I guess I’ll start with my opening the book, flipping through and stopping at the photo inserts where the first photo I saw was a baby picture of Leah. That face! Oh, noooo, of all the baby photos she probably could have selected, she chose a photo that had me crying laughing. I laughed even harder reading her mother’s remark “...I love her, but she is ugly...” Gosh, I hollered!

Of course Leah was not, and is not ugly. She is just hilarious, that face being my intro into reading what turned out to be one heck of a memoir. Every page, I mean every.single.page rocked with raw emotion.

To avoid spoiling it for those who have not read the book, since obviously this memoir will most certainly be among my top 10 books read this year, I’ll trim things down to 'a few' highlights.

First of all, Leah knows humor. She also is passionate. She did an exceptional job laying out the tenants of Scientology. As a whole, practicing Scientology by its original tenants, came across reasonable. Kind of reminds me of what I was taught about Christianity. (i.e., the part about not associating with certain people). But really, like who can argue against the precepts of taking responsibility for ones’ actions, and the need for better communication. Thus, the many scientology terms; E-meter (Electropsychometer), comparable to the lie detector... and Wog...and “down tone”...and ethical blind spots... OT Levels... knowledge reports and the likes, really enlightened me. Reading the in depth definitions, given Leah’s formal education and the fact I never heard of Scientology until this reading, was simply fascinating.

I, also, absolutely love Kevin James, now even beyond the ‘King of Queens’. Plainly put, I loved this memoir from beginning to end. It has a real heartbeat. Highly Recommended!

Comments

Popular Posts