Diana: Her True Story by Andrew Morton

Synopsis: Biography of the Princess of Wales early life and marriage to Prince Charles.
Writing Style: British Journalism.
Pacing: Moderately fast.

Personal Highlights: Loved the British journalism...and writing. Definitely enjoyed the beguiling, affecting and chaste tone of a story. Indeed, it came across very Cinderellish. I had to keep reminding myself of Diana’s age, and general innocence when she began courting Prince Charles. Despite her familiarity with royal culture, the responsibility expected of the princess was as remarkable as her undeniable generous spirit. I mean, I loved Diana (from afar) from the start, but as I read, I got to know her. In addition to being awed by a woman who radiated such a light by just looking at her, I was touched by how she ‘hands on’ affected individuals experiencing grave distresses. Mother Teresa’s remark, which paraphrasing, ‘those who give the most relief to others, have experienced the most pain’ touched me too. I, as well, respected Princess Diana's grandmother’s early warning. The grandmother didn’t think marrying into the royal family would suit Diana. There was so much revelation, and inspiration, and admiration to draw from this regal story. Highly recommended.

Comments

Popular Posts