HOSTAGE: Kidnapped on the High Seas by Linda Davies

The Good. Linda's writing is appealing. She explains in a modest `page-turning' quality what I read in From Beirut to Jerusalem, in less than 200-pages. She doesn't fiddle or flourish around telling exactly what happened. This allowed a little more clarity in understanding the political schisms she encountered, and how something like this could easily happen. I appreciated that. Very well done.

The Mmeh Okay. There were those moments when I wanted to read the Skipper's, and Rupert's (Linda's husband) versions, except for...

The Best Part! I ended up identifying with Rupert who had to put away 'The Time Traveler's Wife'--the book he tried to read during captivity, to better cope with the unfolding events. I as well liked the psychological approach to narrating this account, and was satisfied with the Marlborough College article inserted where it was. I also was grateful for that 'tacked on' chuckle where Linda answered Jack as to how she picked up chain smoking. Very Well Done!

Comments

Popular Posts