An Honorable Must Read!


Lone Survivor: The Eyewitness Account of Operation Redwing and the Lost Heroes of SEAL Team 10
by Marcus Luttrell

Lone Survivor's no nonsense tone, from the start, was one I came to appreciate. Long before the thick of the book Luttrell took his time detailing what attracted him to the SEALs, and how he handled the rigorous training. Very, very well done. Ordinarily an opening like this may have been a struggle to read, except Luttrell does a superb job immersing readers cogently into understanding SEAL work. I couldn't close the book.

When it was time for Redwing to move I stayed engaged, cautioned against debating decisions and motives, and even the outcome in Afghanistan's mountains, as there was another voice speaking so loudly through those clouds, I would have missed who really was doing the speaking had I done so. There's no debating here, choked up as I was, almost too sure this voice was the same voice, particularly in that defining moment, making those calls. Amazing. Phenomenally amazing.

I agree, Lone Survivor is a most moving must read about some very Honorable Men!

Comments

Popular Posts