Foxy: My Life in Three Acts by Pam Grier


I was looking for one thing, and one thing only. Where did the passion in the characters Foxy Brown & Jackie Brown come from!?! In other words, who 'really' is Pam Grier?

I was hesitant at first... you know, waiting for the lid to snap off... when I got to Donatello and from there just watched Foxy go! _ Good Gosh, this here is the makings of one deft spirit that doesn't just ride, but drives! I love, loved Foxy!

What else did I love? Mom, for one, is a jewel, as was the mother/daughter relationship. Pam's principles' was another jewel. The pharmacy. That was a good spot, as was that lead into `becoming Charlotte'. There's nothing like auditioning what you know on a New York city street before an unsuspecting audience and getting ovations before the curtain goes up. Talk about delivery, I learned a whole lot here. Never knew she owned them stunts. But taking a step back to page 88... had to chuckle knowing there's no way a rendering like that can be validated. Tisk, tisk... (and I'm still too tickled) but come on now, Foxy you know better.

All I can say is I have a deep admiration and respect for the aesthetics. Despite its distinctions to those essentials channeled around medicine and government, the arts serve humanity in other ways that no other services compare--a territory FOXY graces with poise, style, and cool the most, to passionately traverse and deliver in good taste.

What a fine memoir.

Comments

Popular Posts