I Can’t Make This Up by Kevin Hart

Synopsis:  Memoir of an American Celebrity Comedian & Entertainer

Writing Style: Well Structured, Organized & Loquacious

Pacing: Fast.

Personal Highlights:  The page count of this memoir almost jaded me except, entertainer style, this is one relatable, passionate, inspiring, poignant and genuinely loquacious culmination of life lessons from start to finish. What I'm expressing here is, this memoir was moving in more ways than one!

I was wholly touched by his mom, and brother. I respected the regard he held for his father. Picked up on Eddie Murphy’s advice, and even a few of the lessons Kevin himself picked up on. “Don’t invite them to the conversation.” I liked that. I also liked his attitude, particularly the way he handled that last minute cancellation; unveiling the TV sitcom The Big House.

As far as high entertainment AND funny as YKW; the way he spelled out that incident ‘setting the clock forward on his mom,’ Oh.My.Gosh, my sides hurt I laughed so hard. And his brother’s reaction walking in on the ‘G-string’ sting,’ Gigs up I howled! Liked to stop breathing. And then him and Snoop Dogg, “...I can’t see...” On that one, it was over! I was done! Hahahaha! I agree. Laughter is the sweetest antidote, what makes this memoir unforgettable and an all around mood enhancer for sure. Aspiring entertainers read up. Highly recommended.

Comments

Popular Posts