The Big Belch by Kay Wood

The Good. I loved the premise; a real-life graphic parody made up of the usual cast of world characters; the unconscionable, greedy, desperate and sloths to name a few, fused with the go-green globalatarians and humanitarians, and of course the naïve,, all trying to save the world, or not save the world for a mix of reasons.

The Mmeh Okay. This being the first graphic novel I’ve read, there were some eye coordination challenges I had to first familiarize myself with, absorbing the virtuoso sketches, and riotous dialogue. Between the hawk, little Frenchbo Fletcher (Francois to his playmate) and the other supporting casts, not excluding the main two…or three characters… my favorites; Maureen, Monty, and Harold… each with their distinct nuances and motives kept my eyes…and mind, in horizontal REM motion. Imagine that!

And still, the Best Part was, for as challenging as it was wanting to take my time turning pages, the story made it impossible. I found myself in a race wanting to know what was going to happen to Harold, and the Microgreene young head hunchos, and Ja’mon…or Lance, and the powers-to-be players that kept this story moving. A truly a remarkable experience and entertaining story!

Comments

Popular Posts