A Long Way Home: A Memoir by Saroo Brierley

The Good. I simply could not put this book down. I marveled over how the story, incorporating an interesting cryptic aspect, came together.

The Mmeh Okay… I really was “surprised with thunder”. The story is easily readable in a day, which I wouldn’t have mind spending more time with it, except it was so darn good I sailed right through reading it.

The Best Part. As a mother, Saroo’s (Sheru) early relationship with his baby sister, and the family dynamics in general, is touching. As difficult as it is to think, him getting lost in Calcutta at such a tender age, it had to be the rugged means by which he got his early start that played a crucial part developing his remarkable survivalist instincts. His adoptive parent’s story and their reason for adopting him and his brother were moving as well, right along with the ending taking me several times over the moon. Incredible story!

Again, from beginning to end, this a captivating story; impeccable and impeachable in its candor and organization from start to finish. I try not to wear this line out, but on this one, I highly recommend reading A Long Way Home.

Comments

Popular Posts