Priceless Empowering Work!, May 2010



Bathe `em, feed `em, make `em behave...that's it! Advice none to shun coming from a "down-to-earth mama" telling in sophisticated fashion the fears, joys, and concerns of any mother, in any day.


Eva had me so wrapped around her observations of motherhood I couldn't find a place to put my bookmark. Hardly expected to be assuaged with as many compelling messages in such turn-style natural rhythm. The opening - just too priceless as Eva honestly admits she has no clue about motherhood, thus her earliest lesson (on spirituality and God) sets the pace for the plethora of edifying lessons that commands respect in as much as it entertains. The part on Bill (in Trouble with Papa), I had to laugh, and shake my head. She called it tact, but children/people crave the truth. Though, not to be misled... or brushed over... Bill comes with powerful messages too. But now that sex talk... gotta love it... One that belongs in the Mother's Hall of Fame of Sex Counsel Talks. I can go on and on... every page... Expressed like a saint. Composed like a scholar. But told like a mother.

The content is rich, a full sweep of relevant pictorials with a delivery that maintains a flush pleasurable pace. I don't think I've ever found a mother's story to be as necessary and agreeable to my soul as When We Were Colored.

Comments

Popular Posts